3.16.2006

Virginia's Cafe.

Lack of any real human contact for the last fifteen days has left me in a strange state. Listless, and yes, perhaps a bit depressed, I wandered out of my new apartment this morning in search of a reliable breakfast establishment. So it was that I happened upon Virginia's Cafe.

I think that now would be a good time to mention that while I have not faltered in my resolve to stop smoking, I cannot say the same for the partaking of the occasional drink. Upon entering Virginia's Cafe, I was a bit startled when I opened the door of the diner to find a large sign which read: "NO MINORS", followed by a smaller sign which read, "Please seat yourself". And so I did.

The drink list was a simple five item thing which included Guinness, Bailey's and Coffee, Irish Cream Coffee, the Irish Car Bomb and Irish Coffee with Jameson. So began my day. Best of all was the music. Nearly all underground fifties and seventies tracks, with a touch of the nineties here and there. There was so much Velvet Underground playing that I could swear I'd been transported onto the set of 'The Royal Tenenbaums, part Deux'.

I do believe I've found a permanent breakfast stop.

1 Comments:

Blogger Q. said...

It happens.

4:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home