3.08.2006

Doubtless.

At only two time in my life have I felt completely confident that I was moving in the right direction. This month has proved to be the third such occasion. Portland is good, as places go, but it is not Portland that is making me happy. The fact that I am making net gains on the life front, and that I am doing so on my own terms, that gives me the most happiness. Gone is the sense of constant, directionless seeking which has plagued me so often in the past. For the first time in ten years I know beyond a shadow of a doubt where I am going and what I want from my life. That, more than anything else, is what makes me happy.

Regardless of the consequences of my actions, I have made the right decision in coming here.

( Oh, and yes, piotr. I intend to hit sasquatch. I'll let you know for sure when I have tix. )

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's awesome. One of these days, I'll reach that point in my life, once I finally make it over to Seattle and find the perfect job.

Just keep a good blaster at your side.

5:49:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home